Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Get to Know: Mackenzie



MacKenzie Ortlepp

Year on Team: First Year on the Team, Sophomore

Age: 19

Major: B.A in Biochemistry

Hometown: Meridian, Mississippi

My favorite Rebelette season is Rebel football season! After a season of ups and downs, it has definitely been an adventure cheering on the Rebels, but I couldn’t imagine cheering for any other team! Most importantly, we CRUSHED Mississippi State, which is a huge deal if you are from Mississippi. Mississippi is a divided state for sure, and the Egg Bowl is a huge “hometown” match up for us Mississippians. We have regained what is rightfully ours, and the EGG is back where it belongs! Words can’t even begin to describe the excitement of that experience! From the new release of the “Feed Moncrief” song to the entire student section storming the field, that night never gets old! This is OUR state! Hotty Toddy!

An interesting fact about me is that I have seen both sides of the spirit squad organization here at Ole Miss! My freshman year I was a cheerleader and this year, my sophomore year, I am a rebelette! For any of you debating whether you want to continue your talents in cheer or dance, I say go for it! A spirit squad at Ole Miss is for you! Not only do you get to experience the every day life of an Ole Miss student, but you are able to experience athletic events and appearances as an “insider,” and you will reap all of the benefits too! 


Hope this helped everyone get to know Mackenzie a little bit better! Keep checking back to see what else we are up to.

Love always,
Ole Miss Rebelettes

No comments:

Post a Comment