Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Get To Know: Melissa



Melissa Griffith

Year on Team: Freshman

Age: 19

Major: Exercise Science

Hometown: Saint Louis, MO.

 I personally enjoy basketball games, mainly men’s. I have always been a sucker for sports and having played basketball in my past, I love the hype of the game. It makes me miss playing, but I could not see myself anywhere else than the sidelines with a team who has been through so much, but become so close. Nationals would be a huge reason why that is, and I would not change my first nationals experience for anything. I could not be more proud of my team than what we have accomplished this year. 

I come from a family of 6.  With me being the oldest of 4 I am constantly on the look out for my  two younger sisters and brother.  I also have a guardian angel I have been blessed with. My grandfather, Papa, passed away on my eighteenth birthday and I could not be more grateful for having such an amazing role model in my life. He is the reason for my goals in life to become a physical therapist. As I watched him struggle for two years and go through a hard process in life, I found a calling of wanting to help others and make people smile. 

"And your eyes twinkle bright as can be...
You should laugh all the while and all other times smile, 
And now, smile a smile for me"

 


Hope this helped you get to know Melissa a little bit better!

Love always,
Ole Miss Rebelettes

No comments:

Post a Comment