Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Get To Know: Natalie



Natalie Wood

Year On Team: Senior
Age: 22 
Major: Broadcast Journalism with a Minor in Business Administration
Hometown: Oxford, MS

There is absolutely nothing like standing on the Ole Miss football field and cheering for your school in front of a packed stadium. From the time that we step foot in the Grove until the end of the game, my job as a Rebelette doesn’t stop. And even though the day is exhausting, it is extremely rewarding to represent a school with so many deep-rooted traditions. I believe it is at football games that those traditions are most visible and that is when I feel the most pride for my school. Dancing on the Grove stage at the pre-game pep rally with the band and the cheerleaders, marching with the band to the stadium, and performing throughout the entire game are the main ways that we contribute to the overall game-day experience at Ole Miss. When I’m wearing my red and blue sparkles, listening to the band play the “Alma Mater,” and feeling the fall breeze blow on my face as the entire stadium stands in front of me- that’s just hard to beat. And it’s a feeling that I’ll never forget.

I have enjoyed my four years as a Rebelette and am thankful for the experiences that I’ve had on the team. Not only have I learned dance choreography (and trust me, a lot of it), but I have also learned lessons that I will take with me through life. When I graduate, I plan on moving to Nashville, TN and working in television production and media communications.

Thanks for a fantastic four years and Hotty Toddy y’all!


No comments:

Post a Comment